A sanctuary for 200 homeless tropical birds
The rescue aviary is a much-loved attraction in the gardens. It’s run by volunteers and funded entirely by donations.
Thanks to the support of local residents and visitors to our area, plus donations from a number of local businesses and from BCP Council, we have raised enough to start constructing a new home for these birds. The new aviary will be a landmark structure, creating more flight space for the birds and providing visitors with a 360-degree viewing experience. It will also be built sustainably and to higher welfare standards. View the plans for the new aviary here.
Please continue to support this project; help us raise the final monies needed for the aviary’s landscaping and its fixtures, as well as for the ongoing cost of bird food, water, heating and cleaning materials needed by the volunteers each and every day. Here are some ideas of how you can support us…
- Clicking the donate button at the top of this page and making an online donation.
- Sending us a cheque made payable to ‘The Parks Foundation’ and posting it to The Cricket Pavilion, Winton Recreation Ground, Bournemouth, BH9 1BX. If you’re a UK tax payer we can claim gift aid on your donation, which will increase your donation by 25%. If you’re eligible for this please include a note with your cheque letter us know your name and address or download a Gift Aid declaration form.
- Calling us on 01202 123540 and we can take a donation over the phone.
Whether you want to celebrate an occasion, remember a loved one or simply support the reconstruction of Bournemouth’s aviary you can purchase a brass bird with your own personal message engraved. We have two different bird plaques available:
- Finch (150mm) – £100, 147 characters (including spaces)
- Parrot (200mm) – £250, 138 characters (including spaces)
Simply fill out this form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and then make your donation here. Alternatively, you can pop the form in the post with a cheque. Full details are on the form.
Please note: any engraved plaques purchased will be put up on the new aviary once it’s built later in the year.
Have you ever considered running a fundraising activity yourself to raise money for the new aviary? We’ve had lots of people run different activities to support us, including:
- A bird themed cake sale
- Shaving off a beard which had been growing for five years
- Birthday fundraisers on Facebook
- A dress down day in the office.
If you’d like to organise your own fundraiser please call us on 01202 123540.